Product Information Leaflets
- RM Frobisher (1986) Ltd Insert (2.9MB)
- RM Frobisher (1986) Ltd. Company information and current products
- DFG-1 Magnetic Gradiometer Leaflet (600kB)
- DFG-1 Magnetic Gradiometer Sensor Unit (dual fluxgate gradiometer)
- TAR-3 Resistance Meter Leaflet (1.7MB)
- TAR-3 Resistance Meter System
- TAR-3 Resistance Meter Accessories (2.4MB)
- Expand your TAR Resistance Meter system with a Pseudosection Kit or Wenner Array cross bar
- DFG-1 Magnetic Gradiometer Unpack utility
- A Microsoft Windows based program to unpack the DFG1_Gnn.DAT Files
- Snuffler Geophysics Software
- You can download Free Geophysics Software here (opens a new window or tab)
- Geotomo Software’s RES2DINV
- The RES2DINVx32/x64 program uses the smoothness-constrained Gauss-Newton least-squares method inversion technique to produce a 2D model of the subsurface from the apparent resistivity data. It can be downloaded from Geotomo Software’s Website
- TerraSurveyor from DW Consulting
- Specifically designed to meet the needs of Archaeological and Near Surface Geophysicists, TerraSurveyor is a complete package for downloading, assembling, enhancing, publishing and saving the geophysical data from a range of instruments. You can find our more On their website
- DFG-1 Magnetic Gradiometer Manual (1MB)
- A PDF copy of the manual for the current software version
- TAR-3 Resistance Meter – RS232 GNSS Data Logging Manual
- New – The TAR-3 Meter can be upgraded with an additional PCB with an isolated RS323 port for NMEA 0138 data logging or serial data from other GNSS equipment.
Application Notes (html files)
- RM Frobisher (1986) Ltd TAR-3 Array Bar (Wenner and 1.5m Twin Probe)
- Information on how to attach and setup the TAR-3 Array Bar
- Application Note: Analysing TAR-3 Resistance Meter Results.html
- How to Import TAR-3 data files into Snuffler and grid numbering conventions
- Application Note: SD Cards, Files and File System
- How to format the SD card and what files are stored on the SD card.
- Application Note: TAR-3 Results File
- A guide to the TAR-3 Resistance Meter Results File – what it contains and how it is formatted.
- Application Note: Batteries and Charging
- A guide to the DFG-1 Magnetic Gradiometer and TAR-3 Resistance Meter’s batteries and how to charge them
- Seeing Beneath the Soil: Prospecting Methods in Archaeology
- Clark, O.A., Clark, A., 9781134611201, 2003, Taylor & Francis.
- Revealing the Buried Past: Geophysics for Archaeologists
- Gaffney, C.F., Gater, J., 9780752425566, Revealing history, 2003, Tempus.
- Earth Resistance for Archaeologists (Geophysical Methods for Archaeology)
- Schmidt, A., 0759112045, Geophysical methods for archaeology, 2013, AltaMira Press.
- Magnetometry for Archaeologists (Geophysical Methods for Archaeology)
- Aspinall, A., Gaffney, C., and Schmidt, A., 0759113483, AltaMira Press (January 16, 2009).
- A Field Guide to Geophysics in Archaeology
- Oswin, J., 9783540766919 Springer‐Praxis, Chichester, UK 2009.
- EAC GUIDELINES FOR THE USE OF GEOPHYSICS IN ARCHAEOLOGY
- EAC GUIDELINES 2 (PDF download) 978-963-9911-73-4, Europae Archaeologia Consilium (EAC), 2015. All RM Frobisher (1986) Ltd’s products meet the requirements of these guidelines
- Wenner, F
- A copy of Frank Wenner’s original article : A method of Measuring Earth Resistivity, in the Bulletin of the Bureau of Standards, 1916
- GPS for Land Surveyors
- Van Sickle, J., 9781466583108, Geophysical methods for archaeology, 14 July 2015, CRC Press; 4 edition.
RM Frobisher (1986) Ltd © 2018