The Pseudosection Kit comprises of:
- Thirty (350mm, 8mm diameter) stainless steel measurement ‘Crook’ Probes. Each probe weighs 0.185kg (30 probes weigh 5.5kg).
- Two Extension Leads 6.5m long with a jack plug and socket. (Used with the Two cables supplied with the TAR-3 Resistance Meter System)
- Two 4mm Insulated Crocodile Clip – Black
- Two 4mm Insulated Crocodile Clip – Red
This is a manual system.
- Set the total number of probes in the LINE (n), the maximum probe spacing, (c) and the number of probes per metre.
- Connect the leads to the probes in the order displayed on the TAR-3’s LCD Display
- The results are logged and stored on the SD Card in a text file and in a text *.DAT file
- The *.DAT file is compatible with RES2DINV
Line No= 6 0.5 1 305 0 0 0 0.5 11.4033 0.5 0.5 11.0528 1 0.5 12.4403 ... 0 1.0 5.8020 0.5 1.0 5.1053 ...
The position of each probe is displayed on the TAR-3 Resistance Meter during use giving real time, ‘On Screen’ information of the correct cable connections.
Lines can be up to 99 probes long.
The TAR-3 Resistance Meter Section kit and software is a great advance from using a meter with pen and paper. Results can be merged using Microsoft Excel® or other spread-sheet. This is a true ‘Section’ tool. (No dummy lines or odd shaped grids are needed.)
The probes/pins have a 4mm diameter hole in the end and can accept a 4mm plug. For speed crocodile clips are supplied enabling cables to be speedily ‘walked’ along the probes in the section.
NB The TAR-3 Meter measures the apparent (actual) resistance. Users should use the appropriate scaling factor to calculate the resistivity if required.
The TAR-3 Resistance Meter Line Mode can process 999 readings per line which is enough for lines of Ninety-Nine probes and Nine deep (856 readings in total). 856 readings, at one reading per minute, is over Fourteen hours work (nonstop). Two (or more) day’s work can be combined quickly and safely using a text editor.