RM Frobisher have a transparent pricing policy which includes our export prices. Our prices include delivery within the European Union, (EU). (Please contact us for the cost of shipping outside the EU.)
Our products are priced in UK pounds and converted to US Dollars ($) and Euros (€). You can purchase units in both USD or Euro on our website. If you would like a quotation in your currency please contact us and we will quote you in any currency and hold that price for sixty days.
VAT, Sales Tax and Duties
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- As of July 1st 2016 RM Frobisher (1986) Ltd is not registered for VAT (currently 20%).
VAT does not have to be added to the sale price. Please note that this may change in the future.
Buyers outside the European Union cannot reclaim VAT on purchases from RM Frobisher as there is no VAT element.
- Sales Tax
- The UK does not currently (July 2016) have a sales tax (other than VAT). The prices listed in our price list are the purchase price, there are no taxes to be added.
- Export Duties
- The UK does not currently impose duties on RM Frobisher’s products (July 2016).
- Local Import Duties
- Import duties may be imposed by your government/state on products supplied by RM Frobisher to you. Payment of any local taxes and duties is the responsibility of the purchaser. Note: Some countries impose a surcharge on the exporter (payable by the exporter) for goods being shipped within its borders. If this is the case, we will invoice the buyer for the amount before shipping.
BREXIT: Information and Planning
The United Kingdom submitted on 29 March 2017 the notification of its intention to withdraw from the Union pursuant to Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union. This means that, unless a ratified withdrawal agreement1 establishes another date, all Union primary and secondary law will cease to apply to the United Kingdom from 30 March 2019, 00:00h (CET) ('the withdrawal date'). The United Kingdom will then become a 'third country'
From April 2019
RM Frobisher currently export to the EU and worldwide. We have experience of shipping to ‘third countries’and have experience of exporting prior to the ‘Single Market’. After reviewing the information published by the UK and the EU RM Frobisher (1986) Ltd will:
- Supply goods and services without UK VAT to all countries. EU member states will add VAT at their standard rate when the equipment is ‘landed’ in the destination country.
For VAT registered business this will make very little difference as they can reclaim the VAT. Our products have an import duty of zero percent.
Private individuals and organisations who are not VAT registered will have to pay the VAT levied by their state. (19% in Germany and 25% in Denmark etc.)
- Supply products without a mains power USB charger. (Any locally purchased USB charger can be used with the TAR-3 and DFG-1)
- As further information and guidance notes are published we will review the information here and update it as required.
RM Frobisher ship by Airfreight (UPS 3-4 day or similar) ‘Carriage and Insurance Paid To’ the agreed address (INCOTERM (2010): CIP)
RM Frobisher (1986) Ltd ship products on Monday to the Middle East; Tuesday to Europe and the Americas; and on Wednesday to the UK this avoids products being in transit over the weekend – Friday, Saturday and, Sunday.
We can also ship products for with a guaranteed delivery day/time (at cost).
- DFG-1 Magnetic Gradiometer
- 150cm x 50cm x 15cm, 8kg. Commodity and intrastat code 90158020
|Canada / USA||£90|
|United Arab Emirates||£90 (+3 Days)|
- TAR-3 Resistance Meter (Full System)
- 90cm x 58cm x 6cm 6kg. Commodity and intrastat code 90303901 and 50cm x 39cm x 20cm , 5kg
Shipping Costs (one to three plus days)
|United Arab Emirates||£60 +3 Days|
Other slower, lower cost services may be available.
TAR-3 Resistance Meter (No frame)
58cm x 50cm x 30cm, 7kg. Commodity and intrastat code 90303200
|USA / Canada||£40|
|United Arab Emirates||£50|
Note: Many shipping and transport companies charge by 'Volumetric Weight' which is based on the package’s volume or total weight. If arranging your own shipping or transport check the packed dimension before booking with your freight forwarders or shipping agents.
We can supply all of our products in timber packaging. Timber crates are supplied at extra cost. They cost more to ship and are made to order and have a lead time of 15 days. The timber is heat treated in accordance with International Standard for Phytosanitary Measures ISPM15 Regulations and is marked to prove heat treatment with an authorised Forestry Commission registration number.
RM Frobisher (1986) Ltd © 2019