RM Frobisher have a transparent pricing policy which includes our export prices. Our prices include delivery within the European Union, EU. (Please contact us for the cost of shipping outside the EU.)
Our products are priced in UK pounds and converted to US Dollars ($) and Euros (€) at the prevailing exchange rate. You can purchase units in both USD or Euro on our website. If you would like a quotation in your currency please contact us and we will quote you in any currency and hold that price for sixty days.
Economic Operators Registration and Identification number (EORI number)
NOTE: Business and companies based outside the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland may be asked by UPS, or their local taxation authority, to provide a EORI number before UPS can/will release their shipment from us. Private individuals do not have to provide an EORI number.
More information on EORI Numbers can be found using these links
VAT, Sales Tax and Duties
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- As of July 1st 2016 RM Frobisher (1986) Ltd is not registered for VAT (currently 20% in the UK).
VAT does not have to be added to the sale price. Please note that this may change in the future.
Buyers cannot reclaim UK VAT on purchases from RM Frobisher as there is no UK VAT element.
- UK Sales Tax (VAT)
- The UK does not currently (July 2016) have a sales tax (other than VAT). The prices listed in our price list are the purchase price, there are no taxes to be added.
- Local Sales Tax
- Our products are subject to local Sales Taxes (State and Federal sales tax (GST) in the USA). This is paid by the shipping company (UPS/TNT/FedEx/DHL) on your behalf. The shipping company will invoice you for the tax (and include an administration fee) after delivery. This is a local tax imposed by your government. You account for it in the same way as the tax on purchases from local companies as it is a local tax.
- Export Duties
- The UK does not currently impose duties on RM Frobisher’s products (July 2016).
- Local Import Duties
- Import duties may be imposed by your government/state on products supplied by RM Frobisher to you. Payment of any duties is the responsibility of the purchaser. Note: Some countries impose a surcharge on the exporter (payable by the exporter) for goods being shipped within its borders. If this is the case, we will invoice the buyer for the amount before shipping.
From December 31st 2020
RM Frobisher currently export to the EU and worldwide. There are no tarrifs on items shipped to the EU. We have experience of shipping to ‘third countries’and have experience of exporting prior to the ‘Single Market’. After reviewing the information published by the UK and the EU RM Frobisher (1986) Ltd will:
- Supply goods and services without UK VAT to all countries. EU member states will add VAT at their standard rate when the equipment is ‘landed’ in the destination country.
- For VAT registered business this will make very little difference as they can reclaim the VAT. Our products have an import duty of zero percent, or
- Private individuals and organisations who are not VAT registered will have to pay the VAT levied by their state. (19% in Germany and 25% in Denmark etc.) This VAT is charged by your country – you will have to pay it. It is an additionl cost, RM Frobisher have no control over it.
This will mean:
As further information and guidance notes are published we will review the information here and update it as required. (January 2020)
Note Shipments to other countries may be affected by the their current trading relationship with the EU. If your country has a 'Free Trade Agreement' with the EU then the trading arrangements may change. The USA does not have a trade agreement with the EU and will be unaffected by the UK ending its membership of the EU.
Northern Ireland (EU VAT Area)
From January 1st the VAT arrangments between the UK and Northern Ireland will change. Northern Ireland will remain in the EU VAT Area.
On January 1st, 2021, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland government will create a VAT border in the Irish Sea and impose VAT of 20% on shipments that cross the Irish Sea. This is payable by all companies and individuals (irrespective of their VAT registration status) to the HMRC. For non-registered companies and individuals this will increase the cost of RM Frobisher (1986) Ltd's products by 20%.
RM Frobisher ship by Airfreight (UPS 3-4 day or similar) ‘Delivered at Place Unloaded’, DPU (To the agreed address) incoterms® 2020
RM Frobisher (1986) Ltd will pack, arrange shipping (collection from our offices and delivery to your address), and insure the shipment against loss or damage. The buyer is responsible for local taxes and duties and charges made by the local shipper for ‘Landing’ the shipment. Please contact us for an explanation of the likely costs.
RM Frobisher (1986) Ltd ship products on Monday to the Middle East; Tuesday to Europe and the Americas; and on Wednesday to the UK this avoids products being in transit over the weekend – Friday, Saturday and, Sunday.
- DFG-1 Magnetic Gradiometer
- 150cm x 50cm x 15cm, 8kg. Commodity and intrastat code 90158020
|Canada / USA||£90|
|United Arab Emirates||£90 (+3 Days)|
- TAR-3 Resistance Meter (Full System)
- 92cm x 59cm x 8cm 3kg. Commodity and intrastat code 9030390000 and 66cm x 40cm x 22cm , 8kg
Shipping Costs (one to three plus days)
|United Arab Emirates||£60 +3 Days|
Other slower, lower cost services may be available.
TAR-3 Resistance Meter (No frame)
66cm x 40cm x 22cm, 7kg. Commodity and intrastat code 9030390000
|USA / Canada||£40|
|United Arab Emirates||£50|
Note: Many shipping and transport companies charge by ‘Volumetric Weight’ which is based on the package’s volume or total weight. If arranging your own shipping or transport check the packed dimension before booking with your freight forwarders or shipping agents.
We can supply all of our products in timber packaging. Timber crates are supplied at extra cost. They cost more to ship and are made to order and have a lead time of 15 days. The timber is heat treated in accordance with International Standard for Phytosanitary Measures ISPM15 Regulations and is marked to prove heat treatment with an authorised Forestry Commission registration number.
© RM Frobisher (1986) Ltd. 2015 - . All rights reserved