In addition to a TAR-3 Resistance Meter kit you will need a TAR-3 Wenner Array Bar (0.5m)
- Array Bar, 1.5m with four 18mm diameter holes (1.6kg)
- Red 4mm plug to 4mm plug cable (1.8m), One off
- Blue 4mm plug to 4mm plug cable (1.1m), One off
The Array Bar Kit does not contain probe pins – use the probe pins supplied with the TAR-3 Resistance Meter System
Figure (1) TAR-3 Resistance Meter Array Bar (Wenner alpha)
Assembling the Array Bar – Wenner Alpha Array
- The Array Bar is attached to the TAR-3 Frame using the P1 and P2 probes. (see figure 1) above.
- Group P1 and C1 on the opposite side to C2 and P2.
- Use the locking nuts on P1 and P2 – remember to adjust the length of P1 and P2 so that they protrude further than C1 and C2.
- P1 and P2 should penetrate the ground before C1 and C2!
Note: The Array bar and two extra probes weigh 2kg more than the standard Twin probe unit. (each probes weighs 0.185kg)
© RM Frobisher (1986) Ltd. 2015 - . All rights reserved